It’s easy to overlook basic hand hygiene practices when they are simple, repetitive tasks. Click on the video below to watch a video demonstration of how to properly don and doff nitrile, latex or vinyl disposable gloves.
5 STEPS TO DONNING DISPOSABLE GLOVES
To correctly put on disposable gloves, remove your hand and wrist jewellery and have nail length below the fingertip. Read more here, on how to wash your hands properly. In a clean area follow these simple steps:
- Thoroughly wash hands.
- Select the appropriate sized gloves.
- Hold with one hand and insert the other. When the base of your thumb reaches the cuff of the glove begin to spread fingers and insert hand into the glove.
- Pull the glove cuff towards wrist to cover as much skin as possible and secure the glove.
- Check to make sure there are no holes or tears.
REPEAT THE STEPS ABOVE TO PUT ON THE SECOND GLOVE
5 STEPS TO DOFF DISPOSABLE GLOVES
When removing a pair of disposable gloves, in order to prevent cross-contamination, do not touch the outside of the glove with bare skin, and do not remove gloves near or over vulnerable surfaces.
One should follow these steps to properly doff disposable gloves:
- Pinch one glove at the wrist.
- Remove glove by pulling away from your body.
- Continue holding the glove you just removed in your gloved hand. Slide a few fingers of your bare hand inside the cuff of the glove you are still wearing.
- Pulling away from your body, peel off the second glove, turning it inside out and leaving the first glove wrapped inside as you remove it.
- Dispose the gloves safely and wash your hands before touching any other surfaces.
Workers donning and doffing disposable gloves properly is a basic, but important food safety step. Ready to keep learning? Find the best disposable gloves for you with our Disposable Gloves Comparison Chart.
Still using Vinyl (PVC) disposable gloves in your business? Find out why governments and corporations all around the world have passed policies to phase them out and switch to safer, healthier PVC-free products. Check out our offering of high-quality PVC alternative gloves to further reduce your business risk.